- To reduce the uncertainty of a value using a standardized unit of measure.
- A value or a metric.
- Measurement is not perfect. There will always be some sort of error in a measurement.
- Types of error include: Type A Error, Type B Error.
- Measurement and evaluation are related concepts. Measurement is, generally, free from judgement. Evaluation, on the other hand, uses one or more measures to judge the value of something against criteria.
Other Forms of the Word
- Measurement (noun). The reduction of uncertainty of a value.
- Measurably, Measurable (adj). Capable of measurement.