noun (of an object or system)
- The state of being whole and complete.
noun (of a person or organization)
- The keeping and honoring of promises.
- If a promise cannot be kept, integrity can be maintained by honoring the promise.
- Honoring a promise means that, in the event that you are unable to keep your word, you “clean up” any mess created by not keeping your word.
- It is impossible to have integrity if there was never an intention of keeping the promise.
Type of Promises
- Mandatory Promises are really obligations or promises that are compelled by another party (such as the government).
- Voluntary Promises are willingly extended to another party (such as a business partner, customer or employee) including contracts, agreements and other commitments.